That the following things found in or around your home can be hazardous
to your pet?
|Onions and Onion Powder
||Grapes and Raisins|
|Raw yeast dough
|Moldy or spoiled food
|Ibuprofen and aspirin
|Cold and flu medications
||Bird of Paradise|
Outside The Home
Algae (certain forms can be toxic)
Compost (particularly if moldy)
Easter grass - This colorful "grass" may look appetizing to your pets, but it could cause
them to choke or obstruct their intestines if ingested.
Fireworks - Fireworks can scare your pets and make them run off or cause serious injuries if detonated near them. Many
formulations are also toxic if ingested.
Halloween candy or gum sweetened with xylitol is toxic and should be kept away from your pet.
Chocolate in all forms can be harmful to your pet, potentially resulting in poisoning or even pancreatic inflammation from the
high fat content.
Turkey bones - Turkey, chicken, and other small animal bones are very different from the large bones you find at pet stores.
These small bones splinter easily and can cause serious internal damage if swallowed, so NEVER give them to your pet.
Christmas rose, holly, lilies and Mistletoe are all toxic to dogs and cats.
Bubbling lights - Older forms of this attractive decoration may containe methylene chloride, which is a highly toxic chemical.